12 April, Ashgabat, / Arzuw NEWS/. A photo exhibition titled "Safe Tourism in Turkey" was presented at the Cultural Center of the Republic of Turkey in Ashgabat. Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Turkey to Turkmenistan Togan Oral made a presentation titled "Tourism during the pandemic". Ambassadors of other countries, heads of UN agencies, representatives of local and international media attended the event.
The Ambassador's presentation states that Turkey has started a regulated and successful fight against the COVID-19 pandemic at a very early stage. As of July 2020, Turkey is introducing a health insurance package that includes coverage against COVID-19.
The guarantee is valid in all hospitals equipped to accept COVID-19 patients, whether they are private or public.
Health insurance packages can be purchased as follows:
- With tickets of a contracted airline
- The tour operators have
- At the airport at the points of sale before passport control
- Online covidinsurance4turkey.com - www.tga.gov.tr
The Safe Tourism Certification Program was developed under the leadership of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey together with the stakeholders of the tourism industry.
The Safe Tourism Certification program in Turkey is based on four main pillars:
- Passenger health and safety
- Employee health and safety
- Measures at facilities
- Measures on vehicles
Results of the program to ensure safe tourism in Turkey:
- Turkey has become a more popular country for tourists, ranking 4th among popular tourist destinations in Europe.
- Turkey has increased its share of the world tourism market.
- Turkey received 16 million tourists in 2020.
After the presentation, guests walked to the garden, where the winners of the photo contest were displayed, enjoying Turkish dancing, lively songs and delicious food.