At the congress of the Makhtumkuli Youth Organization of Turkmenistan, President Serdar Berdymukhamedov formulated the organization's priorities.
As reported in today's Neutral Turkmenistan newspaper, these tasks consist of:
- Creating all conditions for the upbringing of the young generation in the spirit of patriotism, receiving a quality education, creativity and sports, the full disclosure of abilities;
- The education of civic responsibility and industriousness;
supporting and encouraging social and personal initiatives of young people;
- developing in young people the ability to defend their rights, the desire for active participation in public associations;
- The formation of a generation with a broad outlook, knowledgeable in high technology, which should be the main goal of the activities carried out;
- Creating all conditions for the in-depth study of foreign languages, literature and art by young people. It is necessary to hold creative contests among them on a regular basis.
Fostering a commitment to integrity and family values in young people is a duty and the main goal of the Youth Organization, said the President of Turkmenistan.
The regular VII Congress of the Makhtumkuli Youth Organization of Turkmenistan, which was held on September 1 in Ashgabat, brought together over 400 delegates from all regions of the country. The agenda included issues of improving the efficiency of the organization and consideration of a number of organizational issues.
During the congress, elections were held for the chairman of the Central Council of the Makhtumkuli Youth Organization of Turkmenistan. Yazpolat Keriyev, former deputy chairman of this organization, was unanimously elected to this post.