On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the UN and the 25th anniversary of our country's neutrality, an international forum dedicated to cooperation with the UN was held at IMO MFA.
Speaking to an audience Foreign Minister R. Meredov stressed that the strategic Turkmenistan's cooperation with the UN is one of the most important areas of international policy of our country. Every year the partnership with the international organization expands, new areas of cooperation appear.
The head of the Foreign Ministry dwelled on the stages of the development of relations with the UN. In particular, he noted Framework Program 2021-2025, which was signed in March 2020.
As was pointed out in the forum, Turkmenistan actively cooperates with specialized units of the UN. Thus, in 2020, effective control measures were approved in cooperation with the UN Permanent Coordinator in Turkmenistan, the WHO office, and other UN agencies to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The international conference was attended by numerous foreign visitors:
- Н. Natsvlishvili (UNDP representative);
- N. Drozd, head of the OSCE Center in the capital of Turkmenistan;
- F. Saprykin, deputy head of the RCAPCA;
- Russian Ambassador A. Blokhin;
- UNICEF Country Office Manager K. Weygand;
- head of the WHO country office P. Karvovska.