Within the states CIS the VIth SAP UP social startup competition. Applicants from Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Russia, and Belarus can apply for participation. The prize fund includes a 2-week training program and financial grants.
Competitive projects can be submitted in one of the 3 categories:
- O2O (offline to online) - Adapting your own services in online mode;
- COVID innovations - Developments to revitalize the economic and social sectors in the Commonwealth states in the aftermath of defeating the global pandemic.
- Rethink with technologies - the involvement of IT in solving problems of the social sphere.
Stages passages SAP UP:
- September 23 - October 23 Participant applications are accepted.
- October 24 - November 3 Selection of participants after preliminary evaluation.
- November 9 - November 20 The semifinalists will go through a training program.
- November 23 - December 4 Selection of finalists as a result of peer review.
- Participants who make it to the finals prepare for presentations and undergo mentoring sessions.
- December 10 Online final with presentation of projects.
Applicants' projects are analyzed and selected using SAP Innovation Management.
- the social significance and effect of the startup on improving the standard of human life;
- innovations and technologies applied;
- project resources (involvement of companions, competence of participants);
- business capacity and sustainability in the area of strategic planning, project risk assessment, and a vision of the long-term evolution of the project.
Alexander Filatov, CEO of SAP CIS, emphasized that the creators of the platform expect that their event will help to changes in the situation on the planet and will allow you to identify fresh breakthrough ideas.